Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pretty People Vintage

I have really been hitting the vintage jackpot recently!

When I purchased my last vintage bag in Baltimore, the clerk asked me if I lived in the city. When I told her that I live in Alexandria (Virginia, right outside of DC) she mentioned that a great new vintage shop had opened up in the neighborhood recently. Today I had a chance to check it out - and boy was she right! Pretty People Vintage is fabulous, filled with beautiful scarves, jewelry, bags, clothes. Some is vintage, some modern funky. I scored a beautiful silver vintage bag for my collection and a quirky owl necklace. The best part? Today they were having a buy one get one 50% off sale, so the bag was half off!


I always like it when vintage items have the decade they were produced included on the tag. This bag's vintage is the 1960s. I love imagining that this clutch was taken to a Beatles concert, that it once held 8-tracks or ticket stubs to Jaws and now it gets to live out the next phase of its sparkly life with me. All-in-all, I'd say it was a great purchase!

I finished off my early afternoon outing with my first pumpkin spice latte of the season. What did you do today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment